Monday, September 4

Red/black stripe socks

I too started these socks...um..er..in May truthfully, but they were frogged at re-started at least 4 times (that I want to remember ;) I had just learned how to do socks on 2 circs and tried to use it for this yarn, but it didn't want to play with my needles...soo...I went to magic loop, or could we say I had to finish these first to get my needle from! I also used my new Brittany Dpns. So, yes, one sock was knit with dpns and one with magic loop. I wanted to make these at the same time so I would work on one section on one sock, then onto the other sock. It worked great and no SSS...just getting started syndrome ;) DD requested this colorway, thankfully it is not separate colors...could you imagine the weaving in of those ends..yikes!!!




Plain sock pattern from Knitting Rules from Yarn Harlot. I also used wooly nylon in the heels and toes for reinforcements.

Custom hand dyed colorway by All Things Heather!

2 Comments:

Blogger snowdrop said...

Love the colours! Great lookin' socks!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

They are so fun! I love them! They match beautifully too.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home