Monday, August 14

Zokni sock w Widdershins heel

I'm finally almost done with the first, hopefully, of a pair of Zokni socks for my DD. (She doesn't know I'm making her socks. But we have about the same size foot. Hers is just a bit longer than mine.) They're done in Knitpicks Essential yarn with size 1 needles. The lace pattern is interesting in that it has a lot of purl stitches in it to give it a little texture. I first started the socks as cuff down twice. Then I tried toe up with various toe cast ons. (I finally ended up with the cast on where one wraps yarn around 2 needles and then knits off one and then the other needle.) All was well then until the heel. I tried the Widdershins heel. The first time I tried it (using my adaption of the Knitty.com pattern), it didn't work for me. Then after trying a different heel, frogging it, and then reading the Widdershins link linked in this paragraph, it finally worked. All I have left to do now is ribbing and finding a loose cast off.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Wow, love that green!! Looking good! :)

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You're making Zokni socks!! It's looking awesome. Can't wait to see them on your feet:)

4:42 PM  
Blogger snowdrop said...

Wow! I really like that pattern! And great colour!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home