Monday, September 18

A Fortissimo Finish








My Fortissimo Colori socks are finished. This was the first sock yarn I had ever purchased three years ago. I guess my tastes have "refined" a little bit. This time I found the yarn very harsh and scratchy to work with. Down near the toe of the bottom sock the yarn was very thin and did not knit up well.

On the other hand, I've worn the first pair of socks for three years and they show very little sign of wear. They have "fuzzed" a little bit, but are still in one piece. Hope these will hold up well too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

The socks look really nice and very colorful. They even match. That must have taken a bit of work on your part.

I agree with you about Fortissimo Colori. Once you've started knitting with "better", softer yarn, it's hard to go back.

3:22 PM  
Blogger snowdrop said...

Nice job! I hope the socks I knit wear well, too! I get worried a little that they'll wear... When I give them I should make the recipient a darning coupon as well, I guess!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home