Thursday, June 1

Charles' Walk-On-Water Socks

I finished my sister's fiance's socks today. Their knit out of navy blue Sisu Maskinvaskbar (Be proud! I didn't even have to look at the label to remember the name). My sister calles them his God socks (or Walk-On-Water socks) because the label says their 80% god (means lambs wool). Hardy-har-har...

I'm going to finish my flip flop socks, finish my lace sock, then start a pair of Jayalkers for my sister because she's knitting me a cardigan. Ahh, family. I'll post a picture of the socks on his feet when my sister sends me one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sisu is a great sock yarn. It is a Norwegian sock yarn and you can be proud do remember how to spell "maskinvaskbar" without looking!!! But the name of the yarn is just Sisu. Maskinvaskbar is the Norwegian word for machine washable :) So now you have learned how to spell your first Norwegian word, and a difficult one at that!

BTW, please post a picture of the socks. I would love to see them!

Kind regards, Eva the Norwegian :)

3:33 AM  
Blogger String Bean said...

Thanks for letting me know! I think I have a picture of the socks floating around somewhere. I'll post it when I find it.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home