Sunday, May 7

An introduction

Hi - I'm one of the newbies to the KAL and though I am not currently knitting any socks, thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Veronica and I am an Australian (hence the name ;)). I have been knitting most of my life - I learned when I was about 4 years old - but only started knitting socks last year. I love sock knitting because a) they are relatively fast and b) they are small and can be taken just about anywhere - I knitted a pair of socks on my travels around USA and Canada late last year.

A couple of months ago I came across the Jaywalker socks pattern and just had to try it out (I see there is at least one person in this KAL working on that pattern).

Here are some pics of my completed Jaywalkers


Yarn was Opal sock yarn in the Brasil Rainbow colourway. These are my favourite socks :)

6 Comments:

Blogger String Bean said...

That colorway is awesome! If only the Jaywalkers weren't so tight...

6:02 PM  
Blogger Veronica said...

Yeah - they are a little tight - but I love that they don't fall down! Hard to get on and off - but wonderful on :)

6:09 PM  
Blogger Veronica said...

Hi Beck - I'm a Victorian - I live just out of Melbourne.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Very nice Jaywalkers! I think that yarn is perfect for the pattern.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

They're beautiful! What a great colorway!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hi! They are beautiful, love all the colors! Nice job there! :)

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home