Sunday, March 19

A new skill for me


Alright guys you inspired me to improve my sock knitting skills. I've only knitted one pair of socks before and that was for the Knitting Olympics. So last night after finding this blog I decide to get moving and start another pair.

My new skill is 2 socks on 2 circular needles. I used this tutorial to figure it all out. I didn't want to take the time to split a skein into two balls, so I'm really knitting two different pairs of socks. Sock one is out of On Line 765 and sock two is out of Opal Ladybug. I'm really hooked on the idea of having two socks done at the same time, unfortunately this time it still won't be a finished pair.

6 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

Yay! 2 socks on 2 circs! That's my favorite method!

4:26 AM  
Blogger kraftygirl said...

Good for you! I havn't been brave enough to stray from my dp's yet.

2:14 PM  
Blogger String Bean said...

It's complete madness, but I've been thinking about knitting my next pair on 2 circular needles. I have a little bit of secondsockitis and I like the idea of knitting both socks at once - call me crazy.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

One of these days I'm going to have to try this method. I think it's very cool that you're doing two different socks t the same time.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Wow! 2 on 2 circs! Good for you! I can't wait to see the ladybug Opal colors..(hehe I have a ball in the stash too!)

6:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, this still stumps me. It looks as hard to me as knitting itself did before I learned. Someday I will try it, but right now it looks like rocket science! Which makes you as smart as an astronaut!!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home