Monday, March 27

My first finished socks

It only took me 3 months to complete but I finished my first real pair of socks earlier this month. I say first real pair because I made a couple of toddler socks just for practice. Here they are in all their glory.

I used Cascade Fixation on size 3 needles. I must admit that the stretchiness of the yarn threw me and I ended up with socks that are two different circumerences atthe ankle. I was able to make both socks out of one ball of yarn. I have another ball left and I really would like to pawn it off if anyone is interested, drop me an email.

10 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

Cute colors! They look great!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job! I have fixation I haven't used yet...how does it feel to wear? :)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice! I know a lot of people don't like working with the fixation, but I really like it. :) I've made two pairs of socks out of it, one ankle and one lacy with a normal length cuff.

6:56 PM  
Blogger String Bean said...

They're so pretty!
No Fixation for me, I hate working with it.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hey you guys!! Any hints for working with it??? I have 2 pairs worth in the stash...thanks :)

3:49 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I'vwe never worked with fixation, but I love your socks. I've been wanting to knit some anklets like those!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Pinkwool said...

Thanks for all the love. :)

Zonda: Since this is my first handknitted pair of socks i have made for myself, I only have thin store knit socks to compare. They feel thick to me but I am sure that is because I am a handknitted sock virgin. lol

The one piece of advice I have is to make sure you use the same tension all the way thru both socks. I didn't pay attention so i have two differently fitting socks. If I had to do it over, i would have done both on 2 circs at the same time.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Great socks! I love the colors!

8:00 AM  
Blogger kraftygirl said...

When you wash them they may even out. I have been machine washing and drying my fixation socks. When they come out the first time You'll think "Oh no, I shrunk my socks!" But then you put them on and they stretch right back into place!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cool! Thanks for the info everyone :)

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home