Tuesday, January 23

FO: socks for Kris and Josh

I promised Kris and Josh (family friends) each a pair of socks last year around august. I only got to knitting them in december! The card is washing instructions and a quick how-d'ya-do note.

Socks Stats:
Yarn: Trekking XXL
Needles: US 2 dpns
Construction: 2x2 rib for 2", St. st. legs, foot, and toe, short row toe (both socks), wedge toe (blue socks), 5-star toe (var. socks). I made these socks match exactly. I matched the color repeats and joined the yarn using a Russian Join. Fun fun!
I hope they love these socks and I hope they ask for more! They like simple socks, but the don't mind if I experiment. I like that. :)


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love both pairs, but the striped ones are awesome.

You did a great job.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice work!!! I agree, a good way to experiment, they'll never know they were "sock" rats LOL! :)

8:51 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Girl, these socks looks perfect, very neat! As in slap a label on them and hang up for sell. My socks always look wonky:)

1:46 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Great socks!! I love the variation one, and the other one is really nice in the close up picture. You cant tell it has a variety of colors in it until you look at the close up. NICE!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home