Thursday, March 2

My Wyvern Socks

Can I just say that I love this pattern? This is the first pair of socks I have done with a pattern, and I don't think I'm ever going to go back. No more boring stockinette for me! And I really like the way that Marnie did the soles and heel in a 2x2 rib for a closer fit - it's very comfy!

I turned the heels yesterday, so I'm probably about halfway through the pattern. Here is where I am so far with them (pardon the blindingly white ankles - I don't tan. Plus, it's March.)

That's Koigu KPPPM in P314. First time using Koigu - this stuff could get addictive!
So, come on folks - let's see them!

4 Comments:

Blogger String Bean said...

I like that colorway. It reminds me of hot chocolate for some reason ...maybe I just have chocolate on the brain...

I've never done toe-up socks, but they look fun. I think my next pair (after Jaywalker and Hawaiian Leis) will be a toe-up pair.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I love this pattern! I'm going to have to do this one next. :) Your socks look terrific!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

I can't quite tell -- are you doing both at once on 2 circulars?

3:03 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Thanks, guys!

String Bean - definitely give tow-up a shot - it's really fun! Plus, for those of us (me) who need instant gratification, you can keep trying them on to see progress instead of just having cuff for a while.

pyewacket - Yep - 2 at once on 2 circs. Once I learned it, it became my preferred method.

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home