Friday, August 18

New KAL member and first-time sock maker

Hi, folks! :)

I'm new to the KAL and I'll be starting on my first pair of socks in the very near future, so I'll probably be needing some help here soon. ;)>I'm going for broke and making the Log Cabin Socks from Handknit Holidays (see the picture) rather than something simple and straightforward because that's just the way I am...and because the only reason I'm knitting socks to begin with is the awesome pattern.

I'm a bit nervous, but it doesn't look too hard from what I've seen. Just the heels that have me a tad worried. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Wow, nice socks! Good luck with them!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

That is a beautiful pattern! As for heels, they're not as difficult as they look. Take it one row at a time, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

7:40 AM  
Blogger The Ninja Knitter said...

Thanks, guys! I think I'll be able to tackle them okay. :)

I think I've got an advantage because I don't know enough to be afraid of trying new things in my knitting, LOL.

And I'll definitely be asking questions if something trips me up!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

You will love these socks!! I knitted up my husbands pair in about a week, and I have the first sock of my pair almost done, but set aside for a couple deadline projects. They are so fun to knit and if you can learn the cable method without the cable needle, they go very quick! Have fun!

10:38 AM  
Blogger The Ninja Knitter said...

I have a feeling I'm going to have a great time on them. :)

I just read through the pattern and everything makes sense (something I was very, very afraid might not happen), so hopefully all will go well. Just have to wait to get my needles in the mail and I'll get cracking on these beauties!

My only issue is whether to make the women's size or the men's size, since my feet are in between sizes. :/

11:51 AM  
Blogger snowdrop said...

Those are lovely socks! I'm sure they'll come out cozy!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home